Razer Peripherals

Reaction score
Hey I have a Ballistic mouse and a black widow keyboard im using on my MBP. The Synapse 3 program doesn't work on Mac OS which I didn't feel was a big deal, however not being able to change the macros is rough along with not being able to turn off the mouse lights. anyone find an app that actually works with this?? I really like the keyboard and mouse and would like to use them.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
If you're on an Intel MBP, you could run a VM of Windows and get Synapse 3 on there. Depending on how the devices are connected, it might be able to interface to them.

I used to do this with my Logitech universal remote when they didn't have a mac version of their app.

Kinda silly of Razer to completely drop support for macOS with their new version of the application, especially since the older version supported it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
anyone find an app that actually works with this?? I really like the keyboard and mouse and would like to use them.

I'm sorry, and I do not have a proper answer for you other than to suggest you get an equivalent keyboard and mouse with similar features you are looking for that actually works with your Mac.

And it seems a bit odd that you would like a keyboard and mouse that apparently doesn't even work with your Mac. I guess I'm missing something here.

- Patrick
=======

OP
RustProofCorn
Reaction score
If you're on an Intel MBP, you could run a VM of Windows and get Synapse 3 on there. Depending on how the devices are connected, it might be able to interface to them.

I used to do this with my Logitech universal remote when they didn't have a mac version of their app.

Kinda silly of Razer to completely drop support for macOS with their new version of the application, especially since the older version supported it.
if I run a VM on my Mac and changed the settings on the mouse and keyboard would the setting stay the same on the Mac?? like if I wanted to change the macro keys on VM then changed to my Mac will the macros be what I set them as?

OP
RustProofCorn
Reaction score
I'm sorry, and I do not have a proper answer for you other than to suggest you get an equivalent keyboard and mouse with similar features you are looking for that actually works with your Mac.

And it seems a bit odd that you would like a keyboard and mouse that apparently doesn't even work with your Mac. I guess I'm missing something here.

- Patrick
=======
the mouse and keyboard work just fine you just can't change the macros and change the rgb settings along with what the buttons do on the mouse.

I do believe you are correct by saying you are missing something.

OP
RustProofCorn
Reaction score
I currently have Parallels downloading. I already have a copy it's just usually on my Mac desktop. I had it for my kids who have all graduated now so I am just moving it to my mbp so I can test it out. I'll let you know what happens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
if I run a VM on my Mac and changed the settings on the mouse and keyboard would the setting stay the same on the Mac?? like if I wanted to change the macro keys on VM then changed to my Mac will the macros be what I set them as?
Are these macros stored in the mouse/keyboard? If so, then changing them in a VM should leave them changed when you exit the VM. But if they are actually stored on the Mac and executed with the mouse, then the macros will only run IN the VM, not on the native system.

OP
RustProofCorn
Reaction score
Are these macros stored in the mouse/keyboard? If so, then changing them in a VM should leave them changed when you exit the VM. But if they are actually stored on the Mac and executed with the mouse, then the macros will only run IN the VM, not on the native system.
when I did a google search I found they do have internal memory so they should hold the settings. right now I am having a hard time getting synapse detect the mouse and keyboard in parallels. like they work but synapse doesn't show them.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Does the program expect to talk to the device over BT or wired connection? If over BT, that's likely the issue since you are connecting to the devices over BT from the Mac and Parallels is using a proxy to expose them to Windows, so apps running within VM don't know WHAT the devices are specifically.

However, if they can be used in wired mode, the USB should allow the VM to see the device for programming.

OP
RustProofCorn
Reaction score
the mouse is BT, wireless, or wired. the keyboard is wired. when I do to look at the mouse in windows it just shows "virtual mouse" also Raz0r... long time no see. glad to see a kind face still here. lol. I literally only come for help which makes me feel like a bum. you guys are always so good to me.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
@RustProofCorn BackAtCha! I knew I hadn't seen that name for a while..

Yeah, Parallels virualizes devices so that they can be used in the VM without needing anything special. But when you want it to be special it's a struggle.

For other USB devices, when you plug it into the Mac with the VM running, Parallels will ask you if you want to connect the device to the Mac or the VM. That way, macOS doesn't get in the way of the VM OS accessing the device as if it was the only OS. However, this becomes harder for mice/keyboard..

If you connect the mouse with a wired USB connection with the VM running, does it give you the same prompt? Can you plug in another mouse (if you have it) to see if you can somehow give access to the Razer device only to the VM while the other device stays as your mouse..

OP
RustProofCorn
Reaction score
well I ran out of time to be able to play with it however. you can connect. you just have to go up to devices in the virtual machine and select the usb device you want to connect. works slick. the keyboard is really easy however the mouse once you connect it the cursor is no longer there and you can't see it. lol. so I think I would need to connect it and have another wired mouse so I can make the changes I want. bottom line tho is that it works and I appreciate the help. once I get them fully customized I will post a ss or something. changing the macros on the keyboard will be pretty awesome tho.

OP
RustProofCorn
Reaction score
I was able to mess around with this more this afternoon. seems to be a bust. although you can use synapse and adjust all the settings in the vm 80% of what you do you are unable to use because it requires the synapse program to be running. so I just disabled the map buttons so I stop hitting them and that will be good enough for me. thanks so very much for the help.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Alas, that's too bad. Perhaps a note to them to support Macs again would be good.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.