• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Rating System Confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G4 Sonnet 1.0 512 Ram 10.3.6
I need help this whole thread rating has got me a little confused. How do i check my rating if there is one? Whats up with red dot by profile? Does that mean sorry rating?

Reaction score
Don't panic !!! :eek:

The red dot at the bottom just means that you are online. It's the green dot under 'location' that is your rating and you can see who has given you a rating by clicking on profiles, it's at the bottom and is called 'Latest reputation received'. :cool:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i can see the votes, but it does not say who put them in.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
fearlessfreap24, only the Administrators can see who left the votes. People leaving votes can say who they are in the comment. I have noticed that most do not leave a comment. They should.

K

Kokopelli

Only moderators can see who voted for whom. Normal users are prevented from seeing this, I think largely to prevent hard feelings or "payback" kind of behavior.

J

Jefe3223

fearlessfreap24 said:
i can see the votes, but it does not say who put them in.
you can't see who sent them, only if they leave a comment with heir name; but only the mods/admin can see who sends what.

Edit: Dang, missed that one by a few seconds. hahahah
Guys, that was on the verge of rediculous: three of us with the same responce in less than one min.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
only mods can see who voted where.

K

Kokopelli

Jefe3223 said:
you can't see who sent them, only if they leave a comment with heir name; but only the mods/admin can see who sends what.

Edit: Dang, missed that one by a few seconds. hahahah
Guys, that was on the verge of rediculous: three of us with the same responce in less than one min.

Well no one can accuse us of holding back info. :) Enthusiasm is its own reward.

J

Jefe3223

Kokopelli said:
Well no one can accuse us of holding back info. :) Enthusiasm is its own reward.

hahaha, dang straight. That's why the we're here.

OP
New2Macs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G4 Sonnet 1.0 512 Ram 10.3.6
Hey guys thanks now I dont feel like a moroon any more. It's all clear to me now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.