RangeXTD - Wifi extender,Wifi repeater Super Boost WiFi Booster

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" running High Sierra
Has anyone bought this and if so, how do you like it?

[Link removed]

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
This looks VERY shady. First, ensure that your router is indeed recent and is placed in a central place if possible. Are you dealing with specific issues that you think this device is going to fix? It isn't going to boost your Internet speed since that's now how it works.

Please start with your issues are and we can figure out how to best address that.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
@frostygirl:

If you're looking for a range extender, I suggest going to Amazon and see what they have in stock. But, be warned as range extenders are not as easy as they appear to be to setup and get working right. Some that I have looked at are in fact quite complicated and it's always touch and go that they will work with your current router.

In the meantime the advice given by Ashwin should be followed.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
There are a number of routers (Orbi for one) that actually come not as a single router but a collection of 3 or more pods that you place around your house to get good coverage. There are other routers that have 6 or more antennas and utilize beam forming technology and other whizbang things to get you better coverage.

Lastly, most router companies also make range extenders that are part of the family and very easy to set up.

I used to have an Apple Extreme Base Station and a couple of Apple Express routers in the house. Now I have a TP-Link Archer 20 and a TP-Link range extender. Once I configured my networks on the Archer 20, I powered on the range extender, it was found in the TP-Link app on my phone, I made it join the networks I wanted to extend and it did all the work after that, easy peasy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
I use Orbi, and it works well. The satellites communicate by a back-channel, so the user-facing network runs at full speeds I have three (one hub, two satellites) of them, essentially one on each floor (basement, main, upper) of my house.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.