Random wireless disconnection

pbd

Reaction score
I have a Macbook Pro Retina 15" bought this year. Not updated to Yosemite yet. Also have an iPad2. I have fibre to the cabinet broadband and it is fine - current uptime is about 28 days.
The problem is that sometimes the connection on the Apple devices sometimes drops - I check the wireless connection and the circle is going round as if it is looking for a connection. I tend to switch it off and on again - eventually it does reconnect. My Windows 7 computer is absolutely fine so I know it is nothing to do with broadband. Just wondering why this is happening and if I can do anything to stop it. It happens about a handful of times every week. It is definitely an Apple problem. Can anyone advise please?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mac mini late 2012; mac mini early 2014; old mac mini running centos; new macbook air; iPad;iPhone
you might have access the the wireless router, where you could take a look at the logs and see what they have to say.

Somewhere, I think there is a message linked to the method used for wireless authentication with the ISP's router, you might want to check and make sure the type used by the wireless router is the same as the type used by the mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.