Random Waking from sleep

Reaction score
Help please.
As with my e-mail that stopped receiving incoming messages for no apparent reason(now sorted) my iMac has suddenly started to wake itself from sleep for no apparent reason. I've changed no settings so why would this start to happen.
I've tried Google for answers but all I've managed to find out is that using Terminal lets you access the log showing the wake-ups and the reason codes.
The reason code for my computer wake-up is ECH1 which indicates USB connected devices.
But I have nothing connected to the computer by usb.:Confused:
Any idea how to cure this annoying problem?

Energy.png

EHC1.png

OS X.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OP
T
Reaction score
Hello chscag,
Thank you for your reply.
Is this the bit you meant?
I think i've solved it. I found out that for some reason "coreaudiod" was the problem ( found out with pmset -g assertionslog ). After booting the laptop in safemode(holding shift while turning on the power) and restarting the computer(was suggested on another forum) it seemed to be solved.
I don't understand "coreaudiod" :Confused:
It mentions laptop, if this is the bit you meant does it matter that I have a desktop mac?
Thanks for trying to help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.