Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: IM142.0118.B09
SMC Version (system): 2.15f7
With an external CD drive.

I am curious as how does one replace the RAM? There is no opening like the previous version that lightening fried.

C

chas_m

You have 16GB of RAM according to your report. What exactly do you think you need to replace?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
You have 16GB of RAM according to your report. What exactly do you think you need to replace?

Maybe he wants 32 GB.

C

chas_m

Perhaps, but it would help if he would clarify what exactly the end goal here is.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Perhaps, but it would help if he would clarify what exactly the end goal here is.

Just guessing here, but maybe they are just curious and just wants to know how — " I am curious as how does one replace the RAM? " ;)

And maybe they thought they may have got one of the un-upgradable Macs they've read about and just wanted to check. :Smirk:

OP
P
Reaction score
As the gent said. I am curious. I would like to know if I wanted to upgrade or have a problem. And I see a panel on the back and from the link furnished by pig003 it shows me how to access the RAM.

I want to thank everyone for their answers and concern.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.