Quoted text in posted messages seems to have shrunk drastically in size

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
As the subject says or has something happened to my Mac viewing and the quoted text size...??? It seems to have shrunk quite drastically...

Did something change in the Forum???

- Patrick
=======

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
It seems to have shrunk quite drastically...
Is this what you're referring to? I don't see any difference.

OP
pm-r
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Is this what you're referring to? I don't see any difference.

Thanks Bob, that font size is fine but what I was seeing was quite a bit smaller than that but it must have been something I did at my end because everything seems back to normal and as it shows in your post now.

Strange, I don't remember changing or doing anything that would have changed the quoted text size so I will just keep an eye on any change and see if it crops up again.

- Patrick
=======

krs

Reaction score
Thanks Bob, that font size is fine but what I was seeing was quite a bit smaller than that,,,,,,,,,,
I have seen that as well Patrick, much smaller than the uote in Bob's reply which is just a bit smaller than normal text.

I think the really small quoted text shows up when someone posts a link, the description of the link is then really tiny.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Since several members are seniors, it might be nice to tweak the text sizes globally to be a bit bigger. Perhaps I should explore settings to do that locally.

OP
pm-r
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Since several members are seniors, it might be nice to tweak the text sizes globally to be a bit bigger. Perhaps I should explore settings to do that locally.

That's a great idea toMACsh, and one I would certainly endorse.

I don't see that there is any way to do it locally on our match. But I use an extension on my Google Chrome that allows me to enlarge or shrink all a web page's text size, not separate parts.

I think the really small quoted text shows up when someone posts a link, the description of the link is then really tiny.

Thanks for your comment krs. I'll try and take note if that's a situation that my end.

- Patrick
=======

krs

Reaction score
If needed, I just use Command and the + key.
Command plus - makes the text smaller and Command plus "0" brings it back to the standard size

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
As the subject says or has something happened to my Mac viewing and the quoted text size...??? It seems to have shrunk quite drastically...

Did something change in the Forum???

Please post an example. Quoted post font size looks normal in this thread.

Thanks,

Nick

p.s. Thread moved to better area (Community Suggestions & Feedback).

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I would also suggest if some forum members have high resolution large screen real estate displays...displays like this will make text size appear smaller compared to viewing on a smaller display. If this is the case...browser font size can be adjusted via browser preferences (Safari, Chrome, etc.).

Chrome:

Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 3.01.52 PM.png

Safari:

Screen Shot 2021-06-05 at 3.02.22 PM.png

Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.