QuickTime Pro Doesn't Work on OSX 7 Lion

Reaction score
Hi. I'm brand new here! I have a 3 week old Mac Mini running Lion and I can't get QuickTime Pro to open when I want to download some movies. QuickTime only opens when I download some movies which require Flip4Mac which is working.

I think I need a codec (because the error window I get usually says so). Does anyone know which codec I need for Lion?

Thanx in advance!

OP
B
Reaction score
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
VLC will play just about anything out there I think.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanx. I'll try that one, too. I've got another call in for an Apple rep. Spent a long time the other day, thought we had it done. They didn't seem to think it's a codec issue, but every time I try to play certain movies that used to play just fine on Tiger I get the error message about codec. Also, on Tiger QuickTime would automatically open to play a movie I wanted to see about downloading and saving. Now QuickTime does nothing unless it's a wmv file, at which time Flip4Mac converts it and then QuickTime plays it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.