Quicktime Issues

Reaction score
Hi, I was trying to upgrade Quicktime to Pro but it didn't have a preferences tab like most programs and it wasn't in the system preferences like the instructions said. I thought it might be a glitch or something so I deleted it and downloaded another copy but now it says Quicktime X is installed so it won't install. I've looked all over and cannot find any Quicktime program so I decided to come here and see if anyone could help me. I hope this post is in the correct place as this is my first post. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Try using a third-party application like AppCleaner or CleanApp or App Zapper to isolate (NOT delete - at least, not yet) all Quicktime components.

Next, use Cmd-F to locate any and all references to QT. Hopefully you'll find the file that is telling you that QT is already installed. I suspect it's in User > Library > Preferences.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.