quick question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 MBP Glossy 2GB Ram
I have a friend that has a 2002 iMac. all it dose is sit at his background pic. how do i fix it? or can it be fixed? Also I have Leopard can i put that on his computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Does he want his data? It all depends on what's wrong with it really, what exactly happens when you start up?

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 MBP Glossy 2GB Ram
it gets to he login page and i log in, loads the background pic. and thats it!!! as for what happened his son was walking on the keyboard. the HD is 80 GB and has 76 GB used. Yes he wants his data. how do i get out of his computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G5 Dual 2.5 | 6 GB OCZ Platinum | RME HDSP9652
You can start the machine in target disk mode by holing the T key while restarting. Then connect the iMac to a working Mac using a firewire cable and you should be able to copy all the contents off. After that just boot to the OS installation DVD and reinstall. Copy the data back afterwards if you like but put the other machine in Target Disk mode. Easiest way I know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Or try an Archive and install from the OS X disk, should save all the data and just reinstall the OS.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 MBP Glossy 2GB Ram
I tried the Archive and install.... two problems came up. one- he has 256mb of ram. second- he needs 4gb of free space. cant get the size of the install down in the custom install mode to fit on his HD.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.