Question regarding processor speeds

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying a mac mini and I'm wondering if the difference between the 2.0 Ghz model and the 1.83 Ghz model is a noticeable difference. I'll mainly be using it for the internet, movie and music downloads, burning and copying, and some office stuff for school. Also, is it worth buying the cheaper model and replacing the combo drive with a super drive, or is it a big hassle or dangerous for someone not experienced with replacing computer parts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums!

Buy the best one you can afford. There is nothing worse than for the next couple of years wishing you had purchased the greater spec. model, particulalrly with a Superdrive over a Combo. That alone makes it a greater improvement than the 9% faster processor or so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Taking apart the mini is no simple task. The superdrive alone will run $100 or more. If you are looking to burn DVD's, splurge on the faster model.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Just for your information, you won't notice any difference in the processor speeds in everyday tasks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.