Question on Xpostfacto, OS X and OS 9

K

kjellquist

I recently was able to install and run OS X on a G3 Wallstreet with the help of the Xpostfacto program/utility. It worked great and OS X is running smoothly on this 'unsupported' machine.

My question comes from my first restart last night. When restarting OS 9 is launched. I then can run Xpostfacto and restart to OS X, but I would rather just have OS X running and always boot that OS.

Is there a way to basically wipe out OS 9 all together, or is this something we live with when running OS X after installing with Xpostfacto? Also, I have OS X squeezed on to a 4G hd and would like to potentially free up the space OS 9 is using.

OP
B

Badger

You should be able to select OS X as the boot system from the OS X Start Up Disk preference panel. You can delete OS 9 if you have no reason to use it, but it is not recommended. If you have a problem with X/XPF you'll won't be able to switch into 9 to try to recover/repair the system. (I've only worked with XPF on an old 6400 so you may want to check the XPF faqs or forum for more specific info.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.