• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Question about availability of hardware -

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 MBPro 16" wi/Retina Display, iPhone 15 Pro Max, MBPro 13" (2021).
Hi All -

I ordered a new MacBook Pro 16" and it is scheduled to come in 3/31/20. Do you think there will be any delays/problems with shipping and receiving?

Thanks-Rich

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rdGen, iPhone 13 ProMax, Watch S7, 2018 15" MBP, AirPods Pro
That, is always a possibility. But Apple will keep you updated throughout the tracking.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hard to say.... But since things are getting much better in China, you may get your brand new 16" MacBook Pro on time. Apple has currently closed all their stores here in the US and around the world but they are still available on line and by phone. You can call them for updates about your shipment.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I ordered a Mac Mini on March 2nd. It was initially going to be delivered on March 16th, and then it became March 13th. I had it delivered to the store for easy pick up, but got a message from Apple that all the stores are now closed and that I should call Apple about my order. I called them and there is a hold order in place for the next couple of weeks. Once they figure out how this all works, they are planning on releasing the orders and then structure the pick up. The store will open just for pick up and apparently, they will meet you at the door..

So , now I just have to wait for the next steps.

If you've set it for home delivery, then it will come through as normal once the box clear customs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
If you've set it for home delivery, then it will come through as normal once the box clear customs.

I don't think anything can be relied upon to be normal these days, especially with so many being told to stay home.
But at least most delivery people seem to work on their own and away from the masses as long as they can get the product to deliver.

I received an Amazon.cpm package via Canadian Purolator a few days ago that I was certainly expecting to sign for, but the driver just dropped it at the front door and disappeared. He sure wasn't going to stay around for anything.

I'd say regarding the delivery... It depends. Too many variables these days.

- Patrick
======

Last edited:

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well nice surprise, I suddenly got a notification from Apple that my order was ready to pick up. Went to the local Apple Store and there were 3 staff members hanging outside that asked if I was picking up something, scanned my pick up order, checked my ID and someone from the back brought out my order.

There was absolutely no one in the store other than staff.

The voice mail I did get from the store was that today was the only day to pick up my order and the store was going to be closed until March 27th.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Went to the local Apple Store and there were 3 staff members hanging outside that asked if I was picking up something, scanned my pick up order, checked my ID and someone from the back brought out my order.

WOW...!!! Not even all Apple Store staff members allowed inside the store...???

Glad to hear that you got your new Mac on the only day available before the 27th.

And I wonder what the significance of March 27th is or what it relates to???

Does it say where it got shipped from and/or what shipping method was used??? Just curious... but at least some people are still working at their jobs and I guess their normal place of work.

- Patrick
======

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The staff outside was ensuring that you had good reason to be going in and the staff inside would've helped anyone with good reason.

Most businesses are closing, right now, to the end of the month and then re-evaluating.

The Mac, like everything else, came from Shenzen, China.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have 4 Macs, most recent 2020, 13.3 MacBook Air running on osMac 10.15.3
Amazon UK are not delivering any orders until 3-4 April, unless it's medical supplies. Ebay UK, seem to be well ahead.I ordered a 500 GB SSD which will format to APFS, that arrived today.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Amazon UK are not delivering any orders until 3-4 April,

amazon.com and amazon.ca are both delivering fairly well normally here going by some recent order shipments I have received over the last few days.

Purolator courier seems to be doing a lot of of the deliveries for Canada Post which seems to be the normal procedure for many amazon parcel deliveries.

I still haven't received my RAM order from OWC that was ordered on March 4. I don't remember such a delivery from them taking so long. And the tracking stopped when it crossed the border. Well I'm assuming it got across the border and probably stuck in Canada customs. :Smirk:

I see Amazon is hiring 100,000 new staff, Worldwide I believe, and increasing the wages by Two dollars an hour. That's pretty extreme!!!!

- Patrick
======

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I see where both the US and Canada have agreed to close the northern border for the next couple of weeks. Kind of drastic considering that many US and Canadian families have close relatives living across the border from one another. Also kills off tourism which is popular and the "Snow Birds" who came south for the Winter.

Desperate times. :Oops:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.