Query on MS Word 2011

Reaction score
Hiya Everyone
I have a preference for MS Office 2011 which I have just installed
I know that some would cringe at the very thought. However I have a question I would like to go straight into MS Word with a Blank Page instead of the first page presenting me with all of the various options. Is this possibel from the Dock.? Any guidance that you can give me would be very helpful and greatly appreciated.
Mac book Pro 2014, iPhone 5

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I just tried the following and it works. Kind of a kludge but it seems to work.

1. Open Word and get to a blank document.
2. Save the blank document somewhere where it can easily be found.
3. Close Word and drag the document you just created to the Dock. Put it on the right side of the separator line in the Dock (next to the download folder).

From now on click that document to launch Word.

I did this using a Word document but I think it would also work if the document was saved in template format. If you use the template format it helps prevent you from accidentally overwriting the document.

OP
C
Reaction score
Many thanks for your reply I will try this mehod and let you know how I get on. Just taking my first stumbling steps. Thanks once again

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Please don't double post. You posted a 2nd exact same thread (as post #1) just 10 minutes ago. This thread is 1.5 hours old.

Thanks,

- Nick

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Many thanks for your reply I will try this mehod and let you know how I get on. Just taking my first stumbling steps. Thanks once again

That method should work for the other Office programs as well. Many other programs should allow you to do the same thing. If you need multiple templates place them in a folder and drag that folder to the Dock

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.