Quadruple Boot my 2015 IMac? Mojave, Big Surs, Linux, Windows? Bootable USB?

Reaction score
Is it possible to Do this? i'm running mojave right now on my 2015 imac with a Evo 1 Tb SSD. the reason i went back to Mojave is because i wanted to get a long range network adapter and pull wifi from really far away and maybe even do some monitoring and packet injection stuff and anything after mojave does not allow a USB driver. I probably sound stupid but i'm teaching myself all of this stuff.

I have tried and tried to download linux on my mac by using Balena Etcher and flashing a USB stick and it hasn't worked. I downloaded Virtual Box and downloaded the ISO from Linux website and for some reason that didn't work either. I would really like to get familiar with linux penetration testing built in programs. i've been trying to learn how to use terminal as well. is there any way to update my OS to big surs on my main drive with a partition as well as create bootable USB's for the others? there has to be a better way to be able to use all of the OS on one system more easily..

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I have tried and tried to download linux on my mac by using Balena Etcher and flashing a USB stick and it hasn't worked. I downloaded Virtual Box and downloaded the ISO from Linux website and for some reason that didn't work either.

It sounds like you need to get some basic procedures sorted out and working properly before you start attempting multiple boots systems and the various means available to do so.

I don't do Linux or any Virtual software or anything later than High Sierra and seldom run my iMac from any bootable usb device, but I do run multiple macOS versions on various internal partitions that works well enough for me.

Some other member may pitch in here and let you know how to download and install and run Linux.

- Patrick
=======

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.