QMaster startup fail

Reaction score
I recently had the question mark upon startup problem http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/os-x-operating-system/162425-flashing-question-mark-start-up.html, and brought in my machine to a tech store. They said they couldn't find the problem, and charged me almost 200€ for a new hardrive. Seeing the threads on here and elsewhere, I still have a glimmer of hope of recovering my hundreds of pictures (I still have the old hard-drive), but we'll see how it goes.

Anyways, here's my new problem. Since getting my iMac back, I re-installed UnArchiver to be able to open *.rar files. I've also been trying and failing, but that's another thread) to re-install a "borrowed" version of Final Cut Pro. Since doing this, I get a message upon startup along the lines of "failure-startup-qmaster". Stupidly, I thought I could fix the problem with another program and installed Compressor Repairhttp://www.digitalrebellion.com/compressor_repair.htm. It didn't fix the problem, and I think it might've corrupted other programs (The Tubeequinux blogging The Tube – Now playing Digital Cable).

I'm going to re-install The Tube program to try to fix it, and I'd like to fix this QMaster thing (though I'm not sure what it is or if I need it, the startup message is troubling), but I'm really afraid of corrupting anything further. The hard-drive failure I had a little while ago has me freaked. Any info or advice would be more than appreciated. Thanks!

*Note: sorry if this message doesn't conform the forum conventions, I just joined..

OP
M
Reaction score
Well, things eventually worked themselves out, as they sometimes do.

Through trial and error, I learned that QMaster is related to Final Cut Studio. I had downloaded and installed, and then uninstalled various versions of a cracked copy of Final Cut, but I guess QMaster was never fully removed, kept trying to initialize at start-up and couldn't.

All the other problems I mentioned were completely unrelated and magically fixed themselves it seems.

Anyways, to get rid of the frustrating pop-up message at start-up, I used FCS Remover from Digital Rebellion, and it fixed everything.

Sorry for taking up space on the board..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.