puzzling download

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I just experienced something puzzling... I was reading some comment on one forum when I noticed the blue arrow or downloading showing up in the upper right corner of my screen. :eek:

I wasn't touching anything or trying to change page or what ever... I was just reading!!!

I went to my download folder and found a zip file that was indeed downloaded a couple of mn ago... it was called iasn_E.mp3 and was over 645MB!
Needless to say, I dumped it without un-zipping.

Can anyone explain to me what happened? ... and how can I prevent it from happening again.

Thank you in advance
Good day to all

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
What forum were you visiting? MP3 files are audio files, but they are not usually that large. Which browser are you using? Websites can instigate a download with very little code, it is usually not done unless requested by the visitor though..

OP
J
Reaction score
The forum visited is a very small one (an Aimoo community) with just a few friends chatting every so often.
As for the download, I checked out that file and it is a download for Torent ! (something I am definitely NOT interested).
I am using Firefox and usually it stops any popup, so I don't get it.

Thanks for your feedback... looking forward to finding out more

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.