proxies

Reaction score
am trying to get similar results to hola app. w/o changing browsers im not sure how to proceed, in another forum it was suggested that i use the following proxie in system preferences, net work, i tried it and not much happened. should the local be deleted ? im not sure how much control of sites the local network has then again i could be pissing in the wind, quite frankly im lost please see below and let me know what you think...persue
or abandon thanks.....d.
Screen Shot 2016-06-11 at 5.28.38 PM copy.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Hola is a P2P web browsing app. Have you read there site information? You will be sharing your computer's CPU and your bandwidth with other members. I suggest you read through their help and troubleshooting page. There seems to be a web browser plug-in to use it.

https://hola.org/faq#ts

I am not a fan of P2P services as when you are using another person's computer you can also potentially pick up any malware they might have. I could be paranoid but I just don't trust them.

Lisa

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I am not a fan of P2P services as when you are using another person's computer you can also potentially pick up any malware they might have. I could be paranoid but I just don't trust them.

+1! Never, I repeat, never use any service that allows someone else to have access to your computer and vice versa. Like Lisa stated above, you're leaving yourself open to malware, theft, and other bad things. Don't do it is our advice.

OP
denniscampbell
Reaction score
you are both right on the money, thanks for the heads up ...............the search continues
d.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.