Promotion???

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I think people need to get their minds out of the gutter.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
I think the funniest thing I've heard/read about the iPad, maybe even here on the forum, was the question: How are the people on the East coast going to make themselves understood when saying "iPad," or "iPod?" Won't it sound the same? :)

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
I think the funniest thing I've heard/read about the iPad, maybe even here on the forum, was the question: How are the people on the East coast going to make themselves understood when saying "iPad," or "iPod?" Won't it sound the same? :)

That's news to me, especially since I'm from there. >_>"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
The word pad is extremely generic and commonly used to describe hundreds of objects. Why has the world, including the supposed professional media outlets, turned into a and of 13 year old boys when it comes to this product???

It there a country where people act like adults? Because I want to move there.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The word pad is extremely generic and commonly used to describe hundreds of objects. Why has the world, including the supposed professional media outlets, turned into a and of 13 year old boys when it comes to this product???

It there a country where people act like adults? Because I want to move there.

Obviously these people have the maturity level of pubescent children. Ignore.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
when they joke about it, all i see is pre pub geeks, laughing because they never had a girl:( Joke is on them.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD

I said "New England", not the East Coast. Ever hear someone with a Boston accent? There they "Paaaak the caaaaa" instead of "Park the car".

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I said "New England", not the East Coast. Ever hear someone with a Boston accent? There they "Paaaak the caaaaa" instead of "Park the car".

I had a teacher in 2nd grade who was from Boston and I remember her talking that way. It sounded cool to me at the time! :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB, 4GB RAM 500GB Hardrive
My friend sent me a link to a youtube video, it was hitler's opinions on the iPad. Was quite funny really haha. Although I do think this whole joke about Pads thing a bit ridiculous, I am a girl and I didn't even think about it! (Although I think that probably shows how much my mind isn't in the gutter, but when you think about it, the gutter is usually reserved for sexual double meanings, so maybe we should be saying something else, like, mind in the pool of blood? Hahaha.)

TWM

Reaction score
LOL i think the jokes are funny. Kind of a stupid name if you ask me. People need to lighten up a little!!!

C

chas_m

I had a teacher in 2nd grade who was from Boston and I remember her talking that way. It sounded cool to me at the time! :D

Bostonian asking for Apple products: "I need ahhn iPahhhhd, and one of those new iPaaads. I think my maahhhhm and daaaad will love them." :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
AZA said:
I'm a spammer, about to get banned!

And the chance of an indiviaual facebook user wining this is zero. It's just a way to sell their facebook app. One of the app creators friends or maybe the app creator himself will win the ipad. It always ends up like that with these kind of competitions.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
And the chance of an indiviaual facebook user wining this is zero. It's just a way to sell their facebook app. One of the app creators friends or maybe the app creator himself will win the ipad. It always ends up like that with these kind of competitions.

Have you gotten any spam mail saying that you could win a iPad yet? I gotten several and a few "beta test the ipad."

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Folks, please just report the spam. Don't reply - most of the time they're bots anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Another funny I found. iPhone one but I've seen it done for the iPad too.

[dead image link removed]

Must be an American joke. As most of those already exist in my country.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.