Production Issues/Delays with iPad?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
May it is just a ploy to offset rumours that Apple make a huge profit on each one and could afford to charge about half the price they are planning to charge.

I do hope it isn't true anyway ;)

Reaction score
Don't worry about it too much. It's hard for a product to be delayed if it hasn't had an officially release date to start with. So far, we've just been given a general window.

C

chas_m

Learn how to distinguish "rumour" stories from "news" stories.

Rumour stories MIGHT be true; news stories ARE true. Big difference (for example, try sampling a range of "news" stories from just before Jan 27th that promised the scoop on what Apple was going to bring out, and then compare them to the subsequent reality).

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24 inch/iPhone 3G
Learn how to distinguish "rumour" stories from "news" stories.

Rumour stories MIGHT be true; news stories ARE true. Big difference (for example, try sampling a range of "news" stories from just before Jan 27th that promised the scoop on what Apple was going to bring out, and then compare them to the subsequent reality).

You're right. I should have made it clear that it was a rumor story not an acutal news story. I just got anxious and posted it lol. I just can't wait to get my hands on the iPad so anything that might cause a delay is of interest to me :)

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24 inch/iPhone 3G
Saw this update on Mac Rumors web site:

Update: According to Wired, an Apple spokeswoman has confirmed Apple's plans for late March availability of the iPad, but did not address any possible shortages or tightening of geographical distribution at launch.
Update, 11 a.m. PDT: An Apple spokeswoman told Wired.com on the phone that the "iPad will be available in late March."

So it looks like late March is still going to be the launch time period. I do hope there aren't any shortages.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
And really:

News: comes from the horses mouth (Jobs) or an underling at Cupertino.
Rumour: comes from everyone else.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
If you're concerneed and want one right away, pre-order. Otherwise, they'll be able to restock pretty quickly.

Just kick those kids into triple shifts! :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Wait for v2.0. You don't want to be one of those folks who post in 6 months complaining about how Apple overcharged them for an iPad with less features than the "new" version in September (ie: iPod month).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.