Problems with OS 9.2.2-HELP!!

J

johndingk2

I just installed OS 9.2.2 fromOS 8.6, and here's the deal. My system s is so slow right now I am currently typing this letter and the text is about 18 seconds be hind me. I dont know why this is happening. I did an update from 8.6 to 9.2.1 and then updated to 9.2.2. I am not sure if I should have gone from a 9.0 CD and then updated to 9.2.2. I am in need of help because I cannot deal with this.

Any help out there

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Have you run Apple Software Update? Just want to be sure that your software is up to date.

OP
J

johndingk2

Is that located on the software CD? And what will that tell me about my current software?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Under the Apple menu, control panel, then software update.

OP
J

johndingk2

I will give it a try when I get home. Any other ideas? By the way, when I said slow, I meant really slow. Like the text would be 15 seconds behind my typing, and I dont type that fast.

OP
B

BluesHarp

johndingk2 said:
I will give it a try when I get home. Any other ideas? By the way, when I said slow, I meant really slow. Like the text would be 15 seconds behind my typing, and I dont type that fast.
I read in another forum that there was a conflict in OS 9 with Zip disc which caused such.
One solution was to insert a zip in the drive (or restart.)
(Apparently this particular slow-down only occurs after wake from sleep mode.)

OP
J

johndingk2

[just wanted to say that the zip thingy worked. Thanks and I will let you know if it stops working.

OP
R

rosstaman

9.2 sluggishness

So, the sluggish issue while typing after sleep mode was due to NOT having a zip disk in the drive? Please let me know as I have the same exact problems-After i updated to 9.2.2

OP
J

johndingk2

Actually I think that if you put a zip disc in the computer, the system thinks it is in sleep mode but actully never really goesto sleep, therefore keeping the system in check. If it goes to sleep and you have the disc in the system, than you will have no problems. It just wont ever really go to sleep. Hope that works for you as it did for me.

rosstaman said:
So, the sluggish issue while typing after sleep mode was due to NOT having a zip disk in the drive? Please let me know as I have the same exact problems-After i updated to 9.2.2

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.