++++Problems with Installing Adobe....

Reaction score
I'm a lifelong Windows user just switched to a Macbook Pro 15., Still a bit nervous mind.... but I am happy so far so good!!!

I hope to glean a lot from this forum, please go easy on me, as I said i am new to this....anyways first problem!!My friend has got me a copy of adobe creative suite 3 as well as a few other programs, he has put the programs on my laptop, but they can not install!!
This is a brand new laptop, only 4 weeks old does any one have an idea as to why it will not install?>

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
unless you provide info of what exactly the files are, then we can't effectively help you

you should either have a cd/dvd which mounts "to your desktop" and you can access the installer

or you have some sort of a .dmg file which again you mount by double clicking and accessing the installer

on the Mac most other software won't even have an installer (the Adobe suit is just complex and uses lot's of resources), for most applications you just copy the .app from a .dmg to your Applications folder and you're set to go

back to your post, to get help you can't just say "my application doesn't install" ... please provide additional info like when it crashed, what you're doing and so on. For all I know you could be trying to install Windows software under OS X ...

Now I don't want to be rude or anything, especially since you're a new member, but that's just how it is ... so welcome to the forums and hopefully you'll get everything sorted out :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.8 GHz 15" MacBook Pro OS X 10.7.x & some old Macs
You need to tell us what you exactly did when trying to install so we can figure what you did wrong. Adobe applications are the few apps that actually has an installer which is similar to Windows. Most Mac applications you just copy over to your Applications folder to install. If you haven't done so, you just have to double click the installer icon in the Adobe Suite folder and follow it's instructions. Of course if you have the Windows version of Adobe Suite then it will not work for Macs. :)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
...and if they belong to your friend and he's still using them, you are pirating the software. And since we don't permit discussion of software piracy here, this topic will be closed.

Please clarify.

OP
M
Reaction score
hi thanks for the replys!!

Ok first thing is first its not pirated!!! ITs from uni. and uni have loads of copies!!!
Anyways I have the adobe creative folder, click on it and it gives me a choice of adobe illustrator, flash, photoshop , dreamweaver etc...... So if I clicck on to any of the apps flash for instance it loads up wioth a little screen shot in this case "addobe flash CS3 proffesional" and you would imagine it will load up, but no nothing!!! just a bit confused!!

C

chas_m

hi thanks for the replys!!

Ok first thing is first its not pirated!!! ITs from uni. and uni have loads of copies!!!

I'm not in charge of policing this sort of thing round here, but I'm afraid that explanation doesn't make much sense either.

Do **YOU** have a license from Adobe that you bought for this software, an educational license or a regular license?

If not, do **YOU** have explicit permission from the university dept that licensed these copies to install them on your personal machine?

If the answer is no, that *is* pirating and against the TOS of this forum. It's not worth us risking our own status here to help until you can provide a clear and satisfactory explanation. Sorry.

OP
M
Reaction score
I'm not in charge of policing this sort of thing round here, but I'm afraid that explanation doesn't make much sense either.

Do **YOU** have a license from Adobe that you bought for this software, an educational license or a regular license?

If not, do **YOU** have explicit permission from the university dept that licensed these copies to install them on your personal machine?

If the answer is no, that *is* pirating and against the TOS of this forum. It's not worth us risking our own status here to help until you can provide a clear and satisfactory explanation. Sorry.

Well the obvious anwswer is yes yes yes !!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2,4Ghz 15" unibody
Universities do provide student licenses, although they're meant for their students, all this aside for a moment, you still didn't provide much info for us to build on .. maybe post a screenshot of what you're doing?

OP
M
Reaction score
Ok fine will post a screen shot a lil bit later on!! thanks....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.