Problems opening CS4 programs on Mac book Pro

Reaction score
A few weeks ago my adobe CS4 programs were working great. Then my computer had a pop up box issue which was resolved after a trip to the apple store. In order to fix the pop up box problem they had to place my applications programs in a new file and install a new applications system. My previous application system which includes CS4 was placed in a file on my newly installed hard drive. Now when I try to open any of the programs in my CS4 like Photo Shop or illustrator I get this messege box that reads. Licensing for this product has stopped. Error #6. I have contacted Adobe tech support they have informed me that i will have to perform a complete un-install and re-install job. If anyone has had this problem or something similar happen to them please let me know how they handled the situation, if there is another way other than a complete re-install. Thx.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Black 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM 320gb 7200rpm HDD Snow Leopard
I had this before, locate the adobe cache.db file in your HD library and trash it. it is under
"HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Adobe PCD/Cache/Cache.db"
This should fix your problem.
Hope it helps

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.