Problems formatting iMac

Reaction score
I have recently installed a none retail version of Snow Leopard found on the internet, in order to get the app store and install Lion which I have previously purchased, on a used iMac.

The OS totally screwed with my iMac and now I cannot use any of the boot keys (S,D, option etc) the only one that works is T, and all that does is show a loge from the guy that made the OS version.

Is there any other way to boot from a CD or USB, or any way to format the drive?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I have recently installed a none retail version of Snow Leopard found on the internet, in order to get the app store and install Lion which I have previously purchased, on a used iMac.

This is the first problem...we DO NOT discuss illegal activity on Mac-Forums. There are no legal versions of Snow Leopard "found" on the internet.

Spend $29 bucks...and purchase yourself a legal Mac OS Snow Leopard install disk.

- Nick

OP
R
Reaction score
Yes, I have bought a legal version. And I do not wish to discuss any illegal matters.
I just wish to know if there is any way to format my iMac when the boot keys doesn't work?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Reset the PRAM first, and then try again to boot from the legal disk of Snow Leopard. Also, the keyboard mapping should not be affected by the installed OS as long as you're booting from the disk.

OP
R
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply, even that didn't work, as I had to use the keyboard at startup for that. But as soon as I removed a thumb drive from the USB port it worked, so there must have been som kind of interference

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.