Problem's chargeing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.83, iBook G3 800, iMac G3 233, Mac Classic, Apple IIc. And too many PC's to count.
I have recently acquired a G3 iBook, and all seemed ok at first; until I noticed it had charging problems.

Sometimes when I plug it in, the light on the charger stays green, and the iBook will not charge. (Even if it is indicating low battery) If I jiggle the charger around forcefully, sometimes that will work. A lot of times, It won't charge at all. And when it does, it stops after about ten minutes, and the battery meter says it's at 100%. Only to have it die a few minutes later. (When turned back on, the meter indicates 0%)

I'm afraid this is a problem with the iBook itself, and I can't afford to replace it. If anyone knows what's wrong, and what can be done, I would really appreciate the help.

M

Matteh117

Have you tried another power adapter? It could either be that or the DC-In board where the power jack is located is faulty.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.