problems after update of 18th february

Reaction score
My macbook downloaded yesterday a new update of 3 items.
All went fine but when i just started my mac it asked for my log in password (it never has done that)

After logging in with my password my mac keeps booting and asking for it again. so i tested it with a false password and i got that shaky bar notifying me it was wrong. so i tried again the correct one and again my macbook keeps rebooting.

So i did a cold boot by hitting the power button for several seconds and this did it. My mac osx started without asking me for that password.

But now i found my macbook very sluggish :( Normally it would take between 5 and 10 seconds to start but now it needs 1 to 2 minutes to start the whole thing. Also the bar up on the screen takes a very long time to load as well as safari when i start it.

I dont download on my macbook as it is my baby :p its also 3 weeks old.
The update went fine and installed just fine aswell. i didnt interrupt anything.

Any suggestions?
Thank you :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
what where the updates, security, iwork or the OS itself?

OP
G
Reaction score
what where the updates, security, iwork or the OS itself?

I really didn't pay attention to what it was installing. i just noticed it were 3 packages.

Is there any possible way of checking that out?

BTW i opened System Monitor and i notce Safari was taking up to 200 RAM while i was just on youtube and this forum. so i closed safari and my OSX is fast again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.