Problem with the Power Adapter Puck

Reaction score
Hey guys, I was just plugging my power adapter into the wall (before it was connected to my macbook), and a huge spark came out of the wall socket. Now my macbook won't charge. I'm assuming the adapter got shorted out. There's a slight burn mark on one of the plug's prongs. Is this covered under warranty? I have an appointment at the Apple Store in an hour, but I don't want them to say it's not covered under warranty and leave me hanging. If anyone knows, that would be great.

Thanks,
Dan

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hey guys, I was just plugging my power adapter into the wall (before it was connected to my macbook), and a huge spark came out of the wall socket. Now my macbook won't charge. I'm assuming the adapter got shorted out. There's a slight burn mark on one of the plug's prongs. Is this covered under warranty? I have an appointment at the Apple Store in an hour, but I don't want them to say it's not covered under warranty and leave me hanging. If anyone knows, that would be great.

Thanks,
Dan

It should be covered under the warranty. Based on your description I don't see any misuse or abuse. However, my advice to you would not be to ask whether it's covered under warranty - hand them the brick, explain what happened and insist that they replace it, period.

OP
D
Reaction score
ok, well they replaced it for me. took 10 minutes and i was done. =)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
see? and if it were a pc laptop they would have asked you to download and update drivers and adjust power setting and upgrade to vista.....

haha

Reaction score
see? and if it were a pc laptop they would have asked you to download and update drivers and adjust power setting and upgrade to vista.....

"Your power adapter has shorted out? It's probably a virus. Format your HDD and re-install Windows."

Honestly, I don't think I ever had any problem with any of my PCs that weren't blamed on a virus by the manufacturer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.