problem with right click in tiger

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
powermacG5 2.3ghz 2gig ram running logicpro7
Hi

for a while every now and then when i right click an icon on the desktop or in a folder, The finder resets itself

Does anyone know whats causing this?

Thanks

Reaction score
When you say 'the Finder resets itself' do you actually mean that it crashes and reloads?

Does the problem continue when you are in a newly-created user account?

Two logs worth having a look at are system.log and console.log, you should also check for a finder.crash.log.

You can easily view logs using the Console app, which is found in:

MacintoshHD -> Applications -> Utilities.

Have you installed any 3rd Party apps lately?

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
havent tried using another account yet, this doesnt happen everytime i right click just now and again

gone into the console log and this is what it says

Apr 9 11:15:51 PowerMac-G5 authexec: executing /sbin/kextload
Apr 9 11:21:46 PowerMac-G5 crashdump[290]: Finder crashed
Apr 9 11:21:48 PowerMac-G5 crashdump[290]: crash report written to: /Users/mark/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/Finder.crash.log

now in the logs folder i dont understand it as i cant see in there it saying there is anything wrong

Reaction score
I would suggest creating a new account and using it for a while so we can determine if the problem is account related or not ....

I googled around and could only find 1 similiar occurrence to yours. Unfortunately there was no fix mentioned ... I will keep on searching ...

Btw, just a thought, what happens if you were to only use the Control + left click for now .... I wonder if you would still encounter the crashing Finder ???

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok thanks

well i did the disc utility thing and it told me my disc needed repair so i've just done it via the start up disc.

so fingers crossed

thanks pulse-8 for your help so far :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.