printer requirement

Reaction score
I have access to three printers in our office. This week I inexplicably was required to enter an accounting code for two of the three printers in order to print anything.

The Konica printer is fine. The Samsung and the Epson printers are asking for a code. I have trolled through my system looking for a Mac answer to why I'm getting this requirement to no avail. I can't find anything in the printer set-ups.

Any suggestions?
M.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Not much info to go on.... but have you checked with your office or company IT folks? Sounds like a local requirement.

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. This has been an issue for me for several days, but magically it disappeared this afternoon. Gremlins.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I have access to three printers in our office. This week I inexplicably was required to enter an accounting code for two of the three printers in order to print anything.

The Konica printer is fine. The Samsung and the Epson printers are asking for a code. I have trolled through my system looking for a Mac answer to why I'm getting this requirement to no avail. I can't find anything in the printer set-ups.

Hi Meredith - welcome to the forum! :)

As already stated you have provided little information for us to even guess what your problem(s) may be - please at least give us the following: 1) What computers are being used in your office (Macs, PCs or both); 2) What specific computer are you using and what OS X is installed, if an Apple; 3) How do you communicate w/ the printers (assume via an internal ethernet network and/or wireless); 4) Are others in your office area having the same issues; and 5) Do you have IT support and have policies been changed (and have you been told)? Dave

Addendum: Well you posted back while I was composing - please tell us the reason(s) if figured out?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
LOL, whatever you do, don't throw water on those Gremlins or they'll multiply! :p Glad it cleared up. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.