Printer Problems

M

Matt

My printer does not print on my Mac :(

I pluged it in and automatically made a driver for the printer, but it says it's out of ink, but I know its not because I can print with my PC laptop without a problem. Should I download the drivers just in case? It's a HP Deskjet 930C, im running 10.3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Give it a try, but (HP) printers are often funny about there ink management...
Sometimes just taking out the cartridge and reinserting it can even do it.

I'd try the new drivers and see if that makes a difference (I've never actually heard of drivers on a mac, but there you go!)

If not - wait until the cartrridge is empty and then install a new one with the printer hooked up to the mac...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
Downloading the drivers would be a good idea...

I recently got a HP 840C, and allthough OS X had a driver, the one I downloaded was more recent.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Norwood is a Mid-2010 15 inch MacBook Pro with 10.11.1.
Make sure the cartridge is pushed in all the way. When I got my printer, I didn't push the cartridge in far enough and it kept telling me I was out of ink. ::blushes::

Once I figured out what the problem was and corrected it, everything was hunky dory.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.