Printer problems

Reaction score
I have bought an HP envy printer to be able to print from my ipad. My network name is listed and the printer will scan and send to my email but it will not print unless I select HPEnvy as my network. On the diagnostic printout it goes on about enabling MAC address filtering on permitted devices for my router. This is all a mystery to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I have bought an HP envy printer to be able to print from my ipad. My network name is listed and the printer will scan and send to my email but it will not print unless I select HPEnvy as my network. On the diagnostic printout it goes on about enabling MAC address filtering on permitted devices for my router. This is all a mystery to me.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

Now, I'm not sure which HP printer model you own, but quoted below from HERE on the HP ENVY 120 indicates that the printer is AirPrint compatible and also that an HP app can be used to print directly from your iPad - I do not have a HP printer (Canon Pixma & old Brother laser), but our iPads can print directly to our AirPrint compatible Canon machine w/o going through network issues. Dave :)

HP ENVY 120 e-All-In-One Printer: This e-all-in-one printer can also copy and scan your documents, so you can complete a variety of tasks at home or the office. Use the HP ePrint app or Apple® AirPrint to print directly from your compatible mobile devices.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Printer is HP Envy 5530 e-All-in-One

Thanks for the specific model number - another quote below from the HP Website states pretty much the same specs as on their other printer mentioned in my previous post.

With Apple AirPrint technology, the iPad should see your printer over your regular Wi-Fi network - difficult for me to be more specific w/o owning that HP printer and testing myself. But you might want to 'restart' and/or power recycle your machines which might help - i.e. remove the power from your router & printer; 'Restart' or 'Reset' your iPad - then power up the router followed by the printer and try again to print - no guarantee but will do no harm. Let us know - Dave :)

Mobile printing capability - features wireless direct and local Wi-Fi connectivity to enable mobile printing via HP ePrint, Apple AirPrint™ as well as other solutions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.