Printer listed in available printers, but still won't print

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" (early 2008, pre-unibody), 2.4GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM.
Hi all,
Fuji Xerox finally updated their driver for my docuprint 203A (laser printer) to a leopard version (10.5.3). I successfully downloaded and installed the driver, the printer appears in the available printer list, comes up when I execute a print on a document, but then gets stuck every time. When I open up the printer dialoge, it says that the print job has stopped. I've repeated the install process several times with no luck. My next step would be to locae the actual driver delete it, and then re-install it again (futile?), but I can't seem to find where my drivers are located in the file system. Any advice? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Go to System Preference>Print and Fax and make sure the printer is selected or highlighted. If it does not appear, click the + and select from there.

OP
riverteeth
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
the printer appears in the available printer list, comes up when I execute a print on a document, but then gets stuck every time.

By this I meant that my printer is already added to the available printers list. It's even selected as my default printer.

OP
riverteeth
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh, and under "kind", "FX Docuprint 203A CUPS v1.1" is listed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Hi all,
Fuji Xerox finally updated their driver for my docuprint 203A (laser printer) to a leopard version (10.5.3). I successfully downloaded and installed the driver, the printer appears in the available printer list, comes up when I execute a print on a document, but then gets stuck every time ....My next step would be to locate the actual driver ... but I can't seem to find where my drivers are located in the file system.

Finder > Go > Computer > Library > Printers

Your problem seems to me to be either a faulty printer driver, about which you'll need to contact Fuji Support, or a driver conflict - again Fuji may be able to help you there.

The other thing to do, especially after installing and reinstalling software, is to repair the Permissions. For that I warmly recommend Onyx.

OP
riverteeth
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Figured it out. Problem was, after installing the new driver, the printer was still set to use the old driver (thought the OS would do that for me. When I control clicked the printer icon in the printer dialogue and selected "reset printing system", then added the printer from scratch, the system searched for all available drivers. Bam, my newly installed driver was there in the list (it did not show up before when I went into the options>drivers dialogue.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.