prevent online proctor from seeing files

Reaction score
I am enrolling in a course online. The tests have to be proctored by an online service. They have to be allowed to control and see your desktop. I suppose they use logmein or something similar. I don't want some creep I don't know to have access to my computer.

Can i either make a new user and just use that user when i take tests. No files or anything will be on that user

or- can i use my windows virtual machine (without any file sharing). I assume they won't be able to see my mac stuff?

Or will they always be able to access my mac files regardless?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Creating a new user account should work. You could also log on using the guest account, however, once you log off the guest account, nothing gets saved. It's probably best to create an account to use just for taking the exams. Make sure the account you create does not have admin rights.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.