PowerPoint error saving

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum. Have a question re how to save a PowerPoint slideshow on Mac. Receive error message: "There was an error accessing." Have Microsoft PowerPoint 2008 for Mac, Version 12.3.5 Would appreciate any tips. Thanks, Carolyn

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Good Day Carolyn and welcome to the Forums.

It would assist if you mentioned what Mac you have, it's date of origin and the OS you are running. And I presume when you say you have "PowerPoint 2008" you mean Microsoft Office for Mac 2008?

Have you been using PP previously without difficulty and now have a problem or is PP relatively new to you.

All these questions may seem tiresome, but without this background information, it's really hard to offer "any tips".

Ian

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks, Ian.
I have a MacBook Air Mid 2012 with OS X (10.9.5).
I believe the Microsoft PowerPoint 2008 for Mac came as part of an Office package on my previous Mac.

PowerPoint worked on my previous Mac and on this Mac when my files were first migrated from the previous Mac. However, it has not worked for over a year.

Sadly, I've no clue why it stopped working - actually I CAN build a presentation, but I can NOT SAVE it without receiving the error message re accessing.
Hope this info is helpful towards finding a solution. Appreciate your help!
Carolyn

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Microsoft Office 2008 and 2011 do not migrate very well. It's best that you remove Office 2008 from your current Mac and reinstall using the CD you received with Office 2008. Make sure you have your serial number to reinstall. Use the Microsoft uninstaller provided with Office 2008.

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks, CHSCAG, for your good advice to " remove Office 2008 from your current Mac and reinstall using the CD you received with Office 2008."

However, after moving, I no longer have that CD.

So it appears that if a forum member does not have a work-around for Saving in PowerPoint 2008, the alternative appears to be to purchase and install MS Office 2011. Ouch.

Again, many thanks, CHSCAG!
Carolyn

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sorry to hear you lost your CD. It's probably better to obtain a subscription to Office 365 which includes Mac Office 2011 and Windows Office 2013. Microsoft has delayed Office 2015 for the Mac until later this year. Buying Office 2011 right now may not be a good idea in light of the above.

Also, there is always the free Open Office or LibreOffice. Both have presentation software that's compatible with Powerpoint. Keynote by Apple ($19) is also compatible.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.