Powerpoint 2011 Formatting issue

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm creating a document in powerpoint in which I have used Smart Art Graphics to create figures with text in them. I have adjusted the margins within the figure to 0 cm because I want the words to fit at their current font without "wrapping"- but the text is still wrapping and I am unable to unclick the "wrap text" option for the textbox. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved here to the correct forum.

Which version of Powerpoint are you using? And please provide us with some info about your Mac and which version of OS X you're running.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many devices to list
I'm a little confused. Are you using 2008 or 2011.

Can you post a picture of this?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hi,

I'm creating a document in powerpoint in which I have used Smart Art Graphics to create figures with text in them. I have adjusted the margins within the figure to 0 cm because I want the words to fit at their current font without "wrapping"- but the text is still wrapping and I am unable to unclick the "wrap text" option for the textbox. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

I'm using Powerpoint 2011 but it should be the same for 2008 which I no longer use. The only way I found to get the text not to wrap was to decrease the size of the font or use a different (smaller) font in the text box. I'll play around with some old presentations that I have laying around and see if I can come up with a work around. I haven't used Smart Art Graphics very much so I'll have to experiment a bit.

I'll post back here if I come up with something. In the meantime, if you're pressed for a deadline, you can go to the Microsoft Mac Office Forums and ask there. The Mac Office experts hang out there. MS Powerpoint Mac Forum

OP
A
Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion - I thought it was 2011, but it is 2008. Please see attached

Screen shot 2014-10-23 at 1.56.03 PM.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.