Powermac G5 Late 2005 Quad

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yet many are still led to believe that the big "B" stuff is better. Maybe because it costs more???

Name recognition primarily. And yes, it certainly does cost more.

When I was a kid, owning a Cadillac car put you in a special category, nowadays I would much rather have a Lexus. :) The same applies to Bose; Yamaha is better all around.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Maybe someone is trying to tell me I need to try Harmony remotes again.

That could definitely be me Slydude and I'd never heard of the "Blumoo gizmo" remote before, but it looks rather bulky and awkward and too geeky for me.

The original Harmony Remotes were actually developed in Toronto, Canada and then sold to Harmony and were always popular here, and maybe why Blumoo didn't bother trying to sell up here.

- Patrick
======

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
It's not very bulky at all. Amazon says the entire package is 7.5 x 5.9 x 3.1 in. so the base unit is smaller than that. The package includes that receiver/transmitter, the cable to connect to a stereo, and a power cable. It communicates with an app on your IOS device via Bluetooth and then sends the appropriate commands to your equipment via IR. The software setup, including macros, is similar to what I remember from the Harmony setup procedure.

While they were active it seemed that the software was updated regularly. It was possible for the software to be on several IOS devices in the same household and work without confusion. The one thing that some people did not like is common to all smartphone driven remotes: You cannot rely on the physical feel of the remote to tell which command button you're touching. On a "regular" remote most people access basic functions without looking at the remote.

OP
B
Reaction score
So having done an extensive search i found the apple part numbers for the original install disc set for the late 2005 quad whilst i know it might not be nessicary it does have the apple hardware test disc which might diagnose my audio problem will see when they arrive :)

OP
B
Reaction score
i reinstalled my G5 using the gray discs and still getting the sound assertation errors as shown
below

LCCErRF.jpg

any clues?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.