PowerMac G5 connected to TV

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.5GHz Quad Core
I have a PowerMac G5 2.5GHz Quad Core that is connected to my 26" Panasonic 720p TV. When it displays it over the DVI-HDMI connector the borders just out of the picture as in i can barely see the status bar at the top of the screen and cannot tell when applications are running in the dock. I was wondering if there was anyway to re-format the screen size or something so I could see everything?

Thanks for your help

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 2.5GHz Quad Core
I semi figured it out i just now have a black border around the image. If anyone has any further ideas they would be greatly appreciated

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You'll more than likely have to live with one or the other. Guess you found the option in Displays preferences to turn off overscan.

Check your TV menus to see if it has the option to turn off overscan - most do not.

Next option is going to be purchasing 3rd party software and experimenting to create a custom resolution.

Last option will probably be to use the VGA port instead of HDMI.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.