• Mac-Forums.com will not in any way, shape, or form be held liable for anything that happens in this forum. It is up to you to make a sound decision on whether to buy or sell to someone here. This forum is only provided as a convenience for our memebers.

Use of this forum is at your own risk.

For further information on protecting yourself in online transactions, please visit the usa.gov-online-safety website.

A few things to keep in mind:

• This forum is use at your own risk
    • The moderators and staff of this forum will have nothing to do with private transactions. Use common sense!
    • Flaming and personal attacks are prohibited and you could be banned without warning for participating in such things.
    • This forum will only be visible by members
    • The most basic rule is USE YOUR COMMON SENSE!!
    • Our forum rules prohibit the discussion of Hackintoshes, this includes the sale of such machines. Any thread advertising a Hackintosh for sale will be deleted and punitive actions may be taken.

Note: Only users with enough posts, an adequate period of time as a member here, and in good reputation standing are able to post in this forum.

PowerMac G4 Dual 867 needs a good home

N

Nolte

Looking to sell my ol' 867mhz Dual Processor PowerMac ... 60GB Hard Drive, 768MB PC2100 RAM, ATI Radeon 9000 Graphics Card (AGP 4x/64MB), CD-RW/DVD-ROM, Original Airport Card, added three USB 2.0 ports to rear and three USB 2.0 and two Firewire 400 to the front. Includes Apple Pro Keyboard and Mouse.

Would prefer a local buyer (Twin Cities MN) to avoid shipping hassle but not required.

Similar setups selling at around 900-1000 on ebay. As high as 1300 through third party resellers. Make an offer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
how did you add USB/Firewire to front??? MDD model right?

OP
N

Nolte

3.5" USB/Firewire bay wired to a PCI card in a 5.25" adapter. Simply pull down the lower door, easy access. The only downside is the PCI card doesn't support Sleep mode.

frontports.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
interesting...I have a DVD burner there :) Is that Master Chief back there or a rather large Lego man?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
u play H2 online? Maybe see u on there if so.
BTW: my roommate has the same comp... but w/o all the ports and has 512 RAM

OP
N

Nolte

Honestly, I've never played Halo 2 ...

No X-Box ... no time. College and two jobs own me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Not too much diff frm the original...just bought Xbox after college and play w/time my new job leaves me :)

OP
K

kingcrowing2

i have a 933MHz QS all maxed out, might be interested in a trade, e-mail me for specs and pics [email protected], and this model sells for around $1200+ on ebay with all theses specs

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2011 MBP 13" i5

Not to be a stickler here, but I just ordered a brand new powermac g5 for $1377 shipped from Apple. I think your $1200 figures are a little off considering one can get a 64bit processor with twice the clock speed for less than $200 more and larger storage space. Realistically, I'd put a value of $800 on your system which is based on what I actually see them going for on Ebay and misc forums.

OP
E

EvoMac

Texasmeat said:
Not to be a stickler here, but I just ordered a brand new powermac g5 for $1377 shipped from Apple. I think your $1200 figures are a little off considering one can get a 64bit processor with twice the clock speed for less than $200 more and larger storage space. Realistically, I'd put a value of $800 on your system which is based on what I actually see them going for on Ebay and misc forums.

Can you PM the link where you got a powermac that cheap from apple directly. I thought they started at about $1800.00?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2011 MBP 13" i5

Done...You've got mail

OP
N

Nolte

Texasmeat said:

*shrug* ... I've been researching price for about two months now, trying to find the best price to market the machine ... I've watched a total of 10 ebay auctions for similar systems that ended as low as mid 800s and as high as low 1000s. I'm amazed that I've come across used systems being sold via Third Party resellers for almost 1,400 but I have. Nevertheless, I never stated that I expect to get any of those numbers, just that I would like offers.

Yes, you can get a new G5 for about 1,400 ... but some people want the extra drive bay, the extra pci slot, the OS 9 bootability, among other things that you get with an older tower.

OP
M

MickMAC

I just got the same machine (less the extra cards) with a 21inch crt monitor from the place I work for $450, but I think they were giving employees a **** of a deal to take the macs out of there way.

So I bought that one, a G4 server, 4 more G4s, and 2 G3s all with monitors and key boards /mice. for a total of $1300

I sold the server and 3 of the G4s and one of the G3s to a design studio for $1200 and kept the Dual G4 to back up my powerbook, the wife got the G4 533 for her office and my three year old has the G3 400 running os 10.3 for the internet and games. not bad for a hundred bucks.

OP
K

kingcrowing2

well, you say mine is worth $800? any one you've seen go for $800 was bad, mine has 1.5GB RAM, a 128MB Geforce4 Ti, 60&111GB HDs, superdrive, ZIP250, it's really nice, it's worth at least $1000, the ones that go for $800 have like 512MB and 40GB, with like a 32MB GPU... EASILY $1000

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2011 MBP 13" i5

All Im saying is "which one would you buy?" a tricked out 4 year old computer or a brand new model with a mess of better features and speed to boot? I loved my quicksilver g4 but it doesnt even remotely compare to the speed of my g5 powermac. Anyone who spends $1000+ on a g4 system is misinformed. I dont care how tricked out it is, it's still an old computer that is showing it's age in clock speed and features.

OP
N

Nolte

Well, regardless, I posted to see if anyone here was interested in making an offer to Buy, and I haven't gotten even a small one. Moving on. Thanks for your time. If anyone comes across this thread in the future, I may still have the computer. You can drop me an email through this forwarding address: [email protected]

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.