Powerbook G4

Reaction score
Hey everyone I have a Powerbook G4 that I'm looking to sell and I just had a quick question. If I sold it to someone could they get any credit card information from it somehow since I bought stuff with my credit card of the internet? If yes is there any way I can prevent this other then wiping the hard drive? Thanks in advance.

OP
A
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I have a powerbook G4 12' that I'm looking to sell and I was just wondering what I could reasonably sell it for. It has 1.5 ghz, 80 gig HD, and 768 MB DDR SDRAM, I also have the whole abode creative suite 2 which was pretty expensive, so how much do you all think I could sell it for? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Why don't you go on eBay and have a look around at comparable machines to yours and jot down the prices. That should give you some idea of what they're going for.

Regards.

OP
A
Reaction score
I already did that, and I saw that a comparable laptop goes on ebay for around 500 bucks I was just asking here to get an even better idea, plus I wanted to know if I could charge more for the Abode CS2 thanks for the help anyways.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
You are better off selling CS2 separately IMO

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
What is the Abode Suite you speak of? :p

You're better off selling the Adobe Suite separate from the laptop. If you're installing the software without including the discs, you shouldn't get any extra $$ for the sale.

OP
A
Reaction score
Well I don't have it in CD form, I only have all the programs on my laptop, thanks for the input though!

OP
A
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the input now I have another quick question, When I sell my laptop can anyone get my credit card information if I bought stuff with it online, should I wipe the HD?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
If you have the OS discs, I would definitely reformat. I always do a zero out reformat (not the quick one) because people can easily lift data from the HD after you've erased it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.