PowerBook G4 17 Take-Apart

P

PowerbookG417

Hey folks

I've been searchin the web the last couple of days for a good take-apart guide for the new Albook 17", i seem to find tones of 15 and 12, but no ones got the 17 done out or that i can find. thats when i turn to the pro's....you guys know where i can find one

Im mostly looking for the steps for the screen take-apart...maybe no one has done if for the Albooks yet cuase of how touchy the screens are

anyways..any help i can get is greatly apreciated i dont wanna go into this hack blind (changing the front breathing LED and the back apple logo's colour)

OP
U

unl33t

PowerbookG417 said:
Hey folks

I've been searchin the web the last couple of days for a good take-apart guide for the new Albook 17", i seem to find tones of 15 and 12, but no ones got the 17 done out or that i can find. thats when i turn to the pro's....you guys know where i can find one

Im mostly looking for the steps for the screen take-apart...maybe no one has done if for the Albooks yet cuase of how touchy the screens are

anyways..any help i can get is greatly apreciated i dont wanna go into this hack blind (changing the front breathing LED and the back apple logo's colour)

if my memory serves (its a fragile thing), MacAddict had an article on the internal workings of the 17" AlBook. i could be wrong... it would have been about 3 or more issues back.

best of luck

OP
D

danparker

pics?

Hi there. I have the above issue of Macaddict and it does have a small but interesting article about the inner workings of the 17" PB. I am willing to take some digital pics for you if you think they would help (pics of the article/pictures). let me know.

Dan

OP
P

PowerbookG417

danparker said:
Hi there. I have the above issue of Macaddict and it does have a small but interesting article about the inner workings of the 17" PB. I am willing to take some digital pics for you if you think they would help (pics of the article/pictures). let me know.

Dan

sure dan i would be more than happy to get any info on this, i plan on taking pictures the entire way..possibly make my own take apart guide, so any extra help is awesome !

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.