Power Question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro
Hey everyone! So I'm now the proud owner of a MacBook Pro. I've had it for about a week now and as a new switcher I'm very happy with it. My main question is that since I've had it, whenever I'm not using it throughout the day I just close the lid and let it sleep. During this time I don't have it on the charger. I leave it in sleep mode during the night and plug the charger into it to charge overnight. Then in the morning I unplug it and let it run on the battery all day. Is it bad to do this? Should I leave it plugged in all the time and just drain the battery once a week? Thank you for you info.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If you are sitting next to an outlet, yes, I would leave it plugged in and do a calibration once a month as recommnded by Apple.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.