Power Photos, the only way to manage multiple Photos Libraries ?

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Would I be right in thinking that Power Photos is the only app to manage multiple Photos Libraries ?
I have had a good search and although I have read that it is not quite as good as iPhoto Library Manager (the predessor) it seems to be the only app out there capable of allowing photo transfer between multiple Photos libraries especially where one or more may be on seperate external volumes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Various Mac's
Would I be right in thinking that Power Photos is the only app to manage multiple Photos Libraries ?
I have had a good search and although I have read that it is not quite as good as iPhoto Library Manager (the predessor) it seems to be the only app out there capable of allowing photo transfer between multiple Photos libraries especially where one or more may be on seperate external volumes.

As far as I'm aware Power Photo's is currently the only way.

OP
Rod

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
I haven’t made a good search on the topic for quite a while. It was before the introduction of Photos some years ago. Power Photos was at that time the only app able to open multiple iPhoto libraries and move images between them. It was updated at about that time to handle Photos libraries. My wife purchased the app at that time and still uses it today with her 6+ Photos libraries.
To my knowledge it is still the only app with this capability.

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.