Power Macintosh G4 + usb wireless adapter

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm sorry, this has probably been asked before but I could not find it which the search.

I have recently inherited a power mac G4, I want to setup a wireless network in my home but the mac did not come with airport.

I would like to get a usb wireless adapter but I don't know what to get. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance Dan

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Agreed, what model is it? CPU speed? The first G4 tower like Pulse-8's chart states is the Yikes (PCI). That had no option for an Airport card, but from the AGP and up they all did.

Will check around for a USB WiFi adapter that works with OSX and get back to you.

Reaction score
I just replaced my AirPort card with a Buffalo PCI Wireless G125 highspeed and it picks it up as a airport card and the signal is super strong the model number is wl12-pci-g54s I got it at bestbuy for $35 or there abouts here is how it lists it hope this helps
AirPort Card Information:

Wireless Card Type: AirPort Extreme
Wireless Card Locale: USA
Wireless Card Firmware Version: 405.1 (3.90.34.0.p18)
Current Wireless Network: linksys
Wireless Channel:

Reaction score
But if you have to use the USB use the Belkin F5D7050 That walmart sells for $35 I have the Drivers for OS X Jaguar as well as Tiger and It works Great as well

OP
D
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the replies,

I have a FW800 G4 so from the apple site they say i can take an airport extreme card.

I presume there are not any issues with hoping onto windows networks?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.