Power Mac G5 using Screen Sharing

Reaction score
Here is one for technical types.

I still use and have a power Mac G5 attached to my Network running Mac OS 10.4.11 with Classic.

There are some accounting app I still use. It is connected via Ethernet to my network router.

My problem is the Safari and Firefox Browsers are old and although they connect I have trouble with a lot of web sites.

For example my router IP address is not displayable with the old browsers so I have no way to check my internet connection speeds, etc.

Does anyone have any ideas on a generic browser that would work with the G5 for better web access.

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Look for an older version of "TenFourFox". It's free and can be found on SourceForge.net.

Make sure you get an older version not the latest which requires at least Snow Leopard.

You might also look for Firefox version 2 or 3 which would also work.

OP
R
Reaction score
TenFourFox works great. Opened all web sites that Safari, and Firefox had issues with. Even opened the Smart Wifi from Linksys, and it seems fast. Great suggestion, thanks. I wonder if it is better than the Firefox and Safari I am using with Mac El Capitan.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Some folks swear by TenFourFox and use it even with the latest versions of macOS. Won't hurt to try with El Capitan. I keep four browsers in my dock. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.