Power Help

Reaction score
Hi I have a ibookg4 12" when it is switched on with battery no problems all works except the battery will not charge no ac coonetion is shown the power supply and DC board seem to be working Fine tried a reset stiil same Running out of ideas anyone tried to connect a DC supply directly to the pins in the battery compartment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
or any other ideas
Cheers
Gary

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
When you plug the power adapter into the iBook's power port, does the plug light up?

OP
W
Reaction score
Have a none light up adaptor but the 24 v is present on the pins and the socket on dc board (internal

OP
W
Reaction score
Hi Guys & Gals
Problems solved took it apart cut plug off soldered direct to DC Board all fine
Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
Glad you got it fixed, my 14" ibook had a bad d/c in board. They are pretty easy to disassemble though. Just a tip for the future. I am not trying to criticize you, but a little grammar would make your post much more readable, and might elicit a few more responses. That was one HUGE run-on sentence and made it a little hard to read your post.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.