Power Faliur on a MacBook Pro 15 (A1211)

Reaction score
I'm having problems with the power i both a new battery and the power cable 85w. Ok some time i have to shake the magnetic plug so that the light come on. When it does it on green and i have the new battery, i left the computer on over night and it have good to sleep because for some reason it's start using the battery power. Some time don't charge the battery. Any ideas what my be the problem? I don't have any warranty left. :Shouting:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Is the new MagSafe power adapter a genuine Apple part or is it a substitute adaptor? Some substitute adaptors which can be purchased for less are not suitable and won't work right. Since you also replaced the battery, that must be OK.

Your input DC power board could be at fault but the only way to find out is to either swap it out or have someone trouble shoot it for you. Since your machine is not under warranty, that might be expensive.

Regards.

OP
L
Reaction score
Hi
The MagSafe is an original apple and it's the correct one. Yesterday i did a SMC reset and it working ok, so far. Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.