Power Cord for Macbook Air

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2GHz 15.4" 2GB RAM
I was just wondering if there is any problems using a Macbook Air power cord with the Macbook Pro.

My power cord went bad and the only one I have access to use is the Macbook Air power cord. I know its only 45W but will it do anything bad?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
It shouldn't. I'm using a powerbook power cord for my iBook.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just to let everyone know, I used the Macbook Air power cord for about 2 days without any problems. I wasnt able to run anything demanding though or it wouldn't charge anything and the power brick would get really hot.

Reaction score
Blogging about good deals on apple stuff. Come vi
The power brick gets really hot because you're trying to suck too much electricity through it. It's the same principal that burns down over-decorated houses at the holidays.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
The power brick gets really hot because you're trying to suck too much electricity through it. It's the same principal that burns down over-decorated houses at the holidays.

I stand corrected :D.

Reaction score
Blogging about good deals on apple stuff. Come vi
I stand corrected :D.
:D
There's a smaller wattage differential between a pb and an ib brick - 60W vs 45W if I remember correctly, so you won't see the big heat problems. The air brick is 45W and the MBP brick is 85W so you will see a lot of heat generated as the computer tries to pull more juice through it (I'll spare everybody the EE101 lecture :Smirk: ).

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My 85W brick gets just as hot though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.