Posting on Apple Community

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
Am I the only one having trouble with posting on the Apple Community page?

The first time I try, it says that my post couldn't be saved.
The second time, it says I have posted too much.

So, I'm asking support to understand how to ask for support.

Apple support at its best?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 21.49.10.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 21.49.10.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 16
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 21.49.18.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-08-27 at 21.49.18.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 18
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
You're probably not the only one having that issue. I had it happen to me before. You probably asked your questions too quickly.

Apple Communities, is only Apple users, as current Apple employees are not allowed to contribute.

OP
M
Reaction score
The problem is that the first time it didn't accept my post, so I ended up without support.

I found the solution in this forum, though, so I guess I'll just add that to my bad experience with Apple.

Thanks anyway

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 16" 2023 (M3 Pro), iPhone 15 Pro, plus ATVs, AWatch, MacMinis (multiple)
On the other hand, it's Apple's way of avoiding spammers who post over and over with advertising. Try to post too quickly after a previous attempt and you get blocked. All you needed to do was wait a few seconds. I'm ok with the approach, keeps the Community Page ad free.

OP
M
Reaction score
Totally agree on the "You have to wait" policy, but I could not post in the first place as it said that my post could not be saved... and when I tried, it said I couldn't post because I had to wait.

A couple decades ago we used to make fun of Microsoft as when you seeked assistance they didn't give you a solution, but they told you something true. Nowadays, Apple gives no solution, but they give you a rule that you have to follow as though they did. I'm not sure which is more frustrating.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Were you previously registered on the Apple Community Forums? The reason I ask is that they changed the registration process some time ago and some old registrations that had not been used in awhile were rejected. The old registration method was user name and password. Now it's your Apple ID and password.

By the way, speaking of registrations...... Since we are using new software our forum BOT did not automatically turn you away since you were previously registered but forgot your user name and password. So please continue to use the new sign on credentials. Glad to have you back with us. :)

OP
M
Reaction score
Thanks for the info chsag, and for the welcome.
Last year I switched to Catalina, which was bad and "downgraded" to Mojave, way better, after almost 10 years of Snow Leopard (which is still faster than my brand new iMac), so I was a pretty active voter with multiple accounts (bad memory...) when I tried to find out why Catalina was so bad... so, glad to be back. This time I'll try to use this account consistently.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.