post upgrade photo events missing in 10.10.3

Reaction score
I have just installed 10.10.3 my question is about the new photo app.

On upgrade all my old photos and events have successfully migrated to the Photos app, however I am experiencing the following problem when importing post upgrade photos from my iPhone 6 to the Photos app.

All newly imported photos are showing in the photos tab, however when clicking on the Albums tab and then the iPhoto Events category, I do not see any of the post upgrade events.
They are missing, any advise?

Thanks

OP
B
Reaction score
Please can someone try import photos into the new Photos app and see if it puts them into a new event?

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
OK berrill, have done that and I can see what you mean. It is obviously going to take me a while to navigate around the new Photos app. But having already loaded the photos on my iPhone I took four more, downloaded them and No they were not added to events. Nor do the dated events list in order of date eg. the top event is 2nd April six events down is the 4th April nothing at all for the 10th April etc. Doesn't seem to be a way that I can find to sort by date in the All Photos view, Keep sorted by Date Added is ticked but greyed out. And no order options in prefs like ascending/decending. I would prefer photos to be listed by date taken rather than date added. The only option seems to be to create an album (and what happened to create album from selection) then the date taken appears as the optional title of the album.
And just to finish off my sympathetic gripe there seems no way to eject the iPhone. Does this mean I can just unplug it? What we have been telling people for ages Not to do. Or do I need to launch iTunes just to eject it because it doesn't appear in the Finder window under devices.

OP
B
Reaction score
Great, I'm not going mad, please can other check to see if they experience the same. surely something is wrong that newly added photos do not form a new event. This "bug" just seems too big and obvious for apple to miss hence my concern that I was missing something.

Any one else tried to add photos to the new Photos app?

OP
B
Reaction score
can someone please add some photos to the new Photo app and advise me if a new event was created or do you experience the same problem

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.