Possible to install Boot Camp on MBP using MB's installation discs?

Reaction score
Like the title says...is it possible to do so? I lost my MBP Leopard installation discs and I want to install XP, but Apple wants to charge me US$160 to buy another copy of Leopard. I was wondering if I could use my sister's Macbook discs (Leopard) to install Boot Camp + the drivers onto my Macbook Pro.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OP
C
Reaction score
Just an update...I called Apple support up, and they told me that it might work and that I should give it a try, but they said that they didn't really encourage it.

Anyway it's been a week and as far as I can tell, everything has installed fine. The correct drivers were installed (eg. Nvidia drivers instead of Intel drivers for graphics), and other stuff such as my trackpad and keyboard lights work fine too.

So yes, it is possible. However the discs need to be Leopard installation discs though. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.14ghz || 120GB || IPHONE 3G 8GB JBken 4GB RAM || <3
You may be able to ask a pirate from the bay of torrents to help you out ;)

Or search google for MBP bootcamp drivers. I downloaded drivers for my MB and they worked. Just burn it to a CD/DVD, and run it in Windows....

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Just an update...I called Apple support up, and they told me that it might work and that I should give it a try, but they said that they didn't really encourage it.

Anyway it's been a week and as far as I can tell, everything has installed fine. The correct drivers were installed (eg. Nvidia drivers instead of Intel drivers for graphics), and other stuff such as my trackpad and keyboard lights work fine too.

So yes, it is possible. However the discs need to be Leopard installation discs though. :)

Thanks for posting back and letting us know. Glad everything worked out OK and that you also saved some $$$. :D

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.